This video is of a speech given by Marcus Luttrell who was a Navy SEAL. He talks about a mission that his SEAL team was given in which they were to kill or capture a high-ranking Taliban leader in Afghanistan. This story, for lack of a better description, is plain crazy.
What this guy went through is unreal. It's sad that he was the only surviving member of his SEAL team. It's sad that we need people like him, but I'm glad he's on our side. I can't really explain how grateful I am for those who serve our country. Watch this video.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Sunday, January 2, 2011
2010 was decent for me. I wish it was better for some friends and family, but hopefully '11 will be better for everyone. Here are some highlights from my past year in no particular order:
- Received the best email ever! Click here if you missed my last post.
- Went on two epic road trips: Chicago and Jackson Hole, WY. Drove back to Utah from Chicago by myself in only 19 hours. Never do that.
- Discovered the miracle of the Ped Egg. Received it as a gift for Christmas from my niece's dog!
- Became the king of gag gifts this Christmas: Ped Egg, Dungeons & Dragons cartoon DVD, spatula
- Attended epic concerts: Billy Joel/Elton John, Carrie Underwood, John Mayer, Boyz II Men, Ben Folds, Safetysuit
- Introduced some of my family to the Tim Tam Slam and now can't visit without bringing Tim Tams
- Discovered the wonders of Corn Hole
- Dominated at Mad Gab. I have yet to be beaten.
- Solidified my status as "Greatest Uncle Ever!" See aforementioned email. Hopefully this is a precursor to "Greatest Dad Ever!"