I thought it would be cool to take a look back at the year 2009 as lived by me.
- Became more internet savvy by starting two blogs.
- Made the jump from manual toothbrushes to electric. I highly recommend it, but I suggest wearing a bib to protect your shirts from EXCESS drooling while brushing.
- Switched from the Mach 3 Power razor to the Gillette Power Fusion razor. Five blades are SO much better than three. WOW!!! Also, whoever invented the vibrating razor deserves a Nobel Prize.
- I'm not sure if this happened this year or not, but special mention needs to be made regarding switching to Nike moisture wicking socks. No more will I buy cheap Fruit of the Loom socks.
- I took a 7:30 AM class and survived.
- For the most part, I stopped eating frozen pizza. It's not like I ate a lot of them anyway, but finally committed to memory how unsatisfying they are even though they can be good sometimes and are quick and easy to eat.
- Tried Twitter at the urging of a student presenter during one of my classes. I hated it. Thought it was completely pointless. This may be my biggest regret of the year.
- Watched about 2 1/2 to 3 hours of Jane Eyre. Didn't want to stab myself in the face with a soldering iron like I did during the first 20 minutes of Pride & Prejudice that I watched 9 years ago. Couldn't get over how much Jane looks like the gay kid from Glee. It's creepy. See for yourself. The pics might not do justice to the similarities, but trust me.
- Stopped listening to a lot of Rap and R&B. Still listen to some, but let's just say my ears have become a lot more sensitive to the content of the songs.
- I bought my first pair of Jordan shoes. Now I just need to take the opportunities to wear them. They look brand new, because they still are brand new.
- I thought I found my future wife, but it turns out they didn't think they found their future husband. Here's hoping she finds me this year.
So 2009 was a pretty good year. Hopefully 2010 will be equally good if not better. I remember a quote by William H. Johnsen that my father had taped to the dashboard of his Minivan from when I was a wee lad that I thought was stupid, but now find applicable: If it is to be, it is up to me. How true that is. I wish for you a happy, successful, fulfilling, memorable, and accomplished 2010. God bless.